Tuesday 15 May 2012

BaNaNa CaRRot CaKe

My inspiration for this cake is my lovely mom. It was mother's day and I just wanted to bake her a cake instead of buying one at our favorite bakeshop.

I wanted it to be healthy yet tastefully delicious! Initially I was settled with a plain carrot cake, just then i saw my ripened bananas just sitting at my fruit basket. So I googled a recipe and found a healthy and delectable cake recipe (Food.com) which calls for my key ingredients. I somehow replicate but did a few modification on the ingredients.

This cake is super moist and dense! Moreover, it is not so sweet (due to reduced sugar). And the best part is a butter cream cheese frosting!




For the cake:
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mashed banana
2/3 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
cups carrot, shredded  
  • Whisk banana, sugar, and oil... then add eggs one at a time
  • In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Give it a good mix.
  • Add banana mixture and stir well.
  • Add carrots while continue stirring.
  • Pour the mixture in a 10 inch round cake pan or any cake pan available, lined with waxpaper, or mists with oil.
  • Place the cake pan in 175C pre heated oven for 45 minutes.
For the frosting:
3 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 stick butter (room tempture)
3 cups powdered sugar or confectioner sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • Whisk together until gooey.
  • Add more powedered sugar (if you want extra sweet)

Tips:
1. You may top with almonds or walnuts bits as a garnishing!
2. Do not microwave the butter or cream cheese. A room temperature is a must
3. You can substitute an olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment